An effective plan is designed to
- take a deliberate approach to creating a college and career-ready culture;
- promote a shared responsibility for creating a college and career-ready culture;
- provide a direction that unifies stakeholder groups;
- bring an economy of scale and decrease duplication of efforts;
- facilitate ownership in individuals and schools around college and career readiness efforts;
- ensure professional development and technical assistance needs are met; and
- establish agreed-upon monitoring systems.
Use the following pages to begin thinking about how your campus or district could take action on your identified goals. The Texas College and Career Readiness Clearinghouse and Professional Development task force are available to identify resources appropriate to your goals.